Careers at MicroAge
Think you have what it takes to be a MicroAge Services Engineer? We’re looking for the best and the brightest IT professionals who thrive in an entrepreneurial environment where serving clients is priority one.
Position Summary: Services Engineer
Support Services delivery strategy and perform effective delivery for client’s technical services. You will be a key member of the business, engaging in aspects of running the services delivery business, with a specialization in the use of technology to fulfill business objectives. You will provide guidance in improving services process and developing services team capabilities.
- Deliver and execute services deployment for the following:
- Cloud migration
- Hybrid infrastructure
- Virtual and on-site delivery
- Software deployment capabilities
- Create and execute services
- Develop quality methodology in delivering service offerings to our clients
- Assist in drafting of statements of work for services team.
- Maintain, plan and manage MicroAge Manage Service Provider (MSP) solutions. Monitor MSP to ensure availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support service offerings.
- Ensure effectiveness and continuity of IT services through planning, technical expertise, and project coordination
- Stay abreast of latest trends/software/technologies to develop forward thinking strategy for technology at MicroAge
- Become deeply knowledgeable about MicroAge and how the work of each department supports the mission in order to serve as an advisor in identifying and implementing technological solutions to aid workflow
- Manage the ConnectWise services software and portal.
- Be the subject matter expert in the Microsoft infrastructure space to include; analysis and construction of networks; understanding data base management systems and network management.
- Provide technical direction and support in day-to-day operations for the services team and professional services and consultation to the client base
- Earn and maintain technical certifications as requested by management
- Establish and maintain an environment of success aligned with organizational priorities and values for current and future clients
- Advanced level of technical knowledge and ability to perform in the following areas:
- VMware (VDI)
- Managed IT Services
- Back-up and Disaster recovery
- Adept at presenting ideas, concepts and vision in user-friendly language to a technical and non-technical audience
- Tactical, analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Must have strong communication skills and maintain professionalism
- Experience managing projects
- Demonstrated customer service attitude and approach
- Proven time-management skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Relevant senior-level experience and education in Computer Science, CIS, Engineering, related field
- Thorough knowledge of trends in information technology industry – particularly Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft infrastructure management and VMWare.
- Requires physical agility and strength to bend, reach, lift and carry up to 40 lbs. and extensive use of computer equipment
- The following certifications are preferred:
- MCSE (O365, Azure, SQL, Server, etc)
- VMWare VCP, VCIX
- Citrix CCA-N
Talk to an Expert
Contact MicroAge today to learn more about a career at MicroAge!