Every quarter, MicroAge recognizes an associate for their commitment to supporting our clients and team members and for living our values every day.
Meet Paul Walton, our Associate of the Quarter for Q3 and Business Director for our eastern region. Paul has been pushing our client experience forward for the last seven years. He’s known for his leadership skills, sales prowess and his ability to empower team members to find new solutions.
1. What brought you to MicroAge/why did you want to work here?
I knew a number of people who had left my last employer to come here, and everyone raved about the culture.
2. Tell us about what you do every day in your role:
I support and lead a team of 16 account executives outside of Arizona. I’m also heavily involved in recruiting activities to add our sales talent.
3. What do you love about working at MicroAge?
I am empowered and encouraged to try new tactics and strategies. There aren’t too many “have to”s which allows me time to get to my “want to”s.
4. We know every team member makes more possible. How are you making a difference?
In supporting my sales team, the hope is that I am adding value in every interaction I have with each of them. In terms of the company overall, my goal is to continue to help add as many of the best sales candidates we can find to our sales force.
5. Which of our MicroAge values resonate with you most and why? (Add value to everything we do • Respect our relationships • Act with integrity • Make things happen • Do it right the first time • Have fun!)
Acting with integrity. Without that, nothing else matters because everything you do will be viewed differently.
6. What is your best MicroAge memory?
My very first day and seeing so many familiar faces.
7. Who inspires you and why?
My wife. She always helps me to step back and take another look with anything we are dealing with. More often then not, we land on the correct decision together. Also, when I am travelling, she always takes the full burden of being a single-parent for the week.
8. What do you enjoy doing most outside of the office?
I love to cook and golf, but the thing I enjoy most is watching my son in his theater or concert performances.
9. What’s the best advice you’ve been given in your career?
When I started in sales, there was an immediate change in the compensation plan. My manager at the time, who I stayed friends with for years, coached me through it. He told me that “comp plans drive behaviors”. This advice has served me well in all of my roles in trying to understand behaviors an organization is looking to encourage based on how or what they incentivize financially.
Learn more about life at MicroAge
Are you passionate about learning and helping organizations digitally transform to meet their client expectations? Explore our Careers page to find available opportunities and learn more about our culture at MicroAge.