By Travis Richards, Director of Service Delivery
In the ever-evolving landscape of technology, businesses are increasingly turning to Managed Services Providers (MSPs) to meet their IT needs. According to a recent survey by Vanson Bourne, 94% of small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) already utilize MSPs. These services, comprised of everything from Security Operations Centers to BCDR and cloud-based infrastructure services and management, provide clients with the deep technical expertise they may lack to successfully manage their IT infrastructure, enhance efficiency, and mitigate cybersecurity risks.
And, as cybersecurity exploits become more pervasive across businesses of all sizes in all industries, providers who offer robust, integrated cybersecurity have become even more important. In the same study, an equal percentage (94%) expressed their willingness to consider or move to a new MSP if they could provide the right cybersecurity solution, underscoring cybersecurity’s critical role in their decision-making process.
This is further illustrated by the shift from siloed MSP solutions to integrated, holistic offerings that seamlessly weave security into their offerings. Over 53% of businesses that currently utilize an MSP are actively searching for a provider who prioritizes tight security integration and alleviates their security burden, further blurring the lines between traditional IT services and security solutions.
Evolving Threats, Evolving Needs: What to Look for in Your MSP
So, what does this mean for you? It’s time to rethink your approach to MSP services. Patchwork solutions and reactive cybersecurity strategies are no longer enough. Today’s businesses need a trusted partner who goes beyond ticking boxes and delivers proactive, integrated security. Here are a few areas to focus on when evaluating your current provider or searching for a new MSP.
1. Comprehensive Cybersecurity Solutions
- Look for MSPs that provide comprehensive, end-to-end cybersecurity solutions.
- Seek providers that integrate advanced security tools, expert threat intelligence, and continuous monitoring into a unified package.
- Prioritize MSPs that cover the entire spectrum of cybersecurity, from endpoint and server protection to multi-factor authentication, email security, and user awareness training.
- Evaluate the provider based on whether they meet the compliance checkboxes and their ability to address evolving threats effectively.
2. Proactive Monitoring and Threat Detection
- Prioritize providers that showcase proactive monitoring of IT systems and swift threat detection capabilities.
- Consider MSPs that demonstrate the ability to anticipate and address security issues before they escalate.
- Acknowledge the importance of preventative measures to block potential cyber threats and sustain business continuity. Once a data breach occurs, the average cost for a small business is $46,597. That amount jumps to $18.5 million for large enterprises. This doesn’t include indirect costs such as productivity disruption and loss of customer trust.
- Your MSP provider should have remediation experience and employ systems designed to mitigate risk, minimize damage, and help you recover quickly should an incident occur.
3. Regulatory Compliance Expertise
- For businesses in regulated industries, prioritize MSPs with a deep understanding of regulatory compliance.
- Look for providers capable of navigating the complex landscape of industry-specific regulations and standards.
- Ensure that the MSP can guarantee adherence to compliance requirements, adding an extra layer of trust.
4. Scalability and Flexibility
- Assess the scalability of MSP services to meet changing business needs.
- Choose providers capable of adapting IT infrastructure to accommodate growth, evolving technology, and cybersecurity challenges.
- MSPs should be able to scale their services according to the changing needs of the client’s business, ensuring that the provider can easily support business growth and rapidly evolving technology and cybersecurity threats.
Integrating Security and Client Success
In a landscape where cybersecurity is a top priority for businesses of all sizes, the right MSP-client partnership is not just about managing IT infrastructure but safeguarding against ever-evolving threats.
That’s where MicroAge’s Managed Security Services (MSS) come in. We’re not simply adding security to our existing offerings; we’re reimagining the entire IT service landscape with security at the core, where you can embrace a future of optimized technology and processes, integrated security, proactive protection, and peace of mind.
Ready to take the next step?
Contact your MicroAge Account Executive at (800) 544-8877 today to see how our MSS can empower you to focus on what you do best – running your business.
“As the Director of Service Delivery, Travis is responsible for managing the delivery team for all services sold and overseeing the success of all 3rd party service engagements. Travis works closely with the client and sales teams to ensure technical services are delivered in an outstanding fashion to achieve the results clients desire and are accustomed to.”Travis RichardsDirector of Service Delivery